Sunday 6 July 2014

Generation 2; Chapter 1


"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you, 
 Happy Birthday dear Amaranth, 
Happy Birthday to you!"  

 photo Screenshot-356_zps5969bc21.jpg


Everyone was here, Mum, Papi, Nannie, Peach and my friend Peachie. Well almost everyone Uncle Drizzle was in France with Auntie An.  As soon as I blew out my candles Papi pulled me aside. 

"I wanted to give you this I know you like being outside, So I thought you may like to garden, We have a huge plot of land that is not being used so before I leave for the airport on Friday I could put up a fence for you, Where you can grow some of these seeds that I picked up from when I have been touring."  He handed me a box. When I opened it I saw that it was full of different kinds of seeds. At the edge of the box was a book on gardening. 
"Wow Papi thank you this is amazing" He was right I did love being outside and I just couldn't imagine how long he had planned to make this present for me. I hugged him tight as this would be one of the last times that I could physically hug him. 
 photo Screenshot-176_zps0aba9ff5.jpg



As I was about to return to get some cake I felt a hand slap me on my back followed by a very loud 'IT.'. It was Peachie. She has been my friend since as far as I can remember. She started taunting me.
"You can't catch me." She giggled as I tried to tag her back. Deciding that I was never going to win. I chose a dirty tactic. I used my water balloons and threw them at her. She may have been faster than me but I can throw better than her. The game of It had turned into a water balloon fight. With neither of us winning we called it quits. Choosing to go inside and dry off before settling down to watch a film before peachie had to go home.
The whole day had been fantastic, I couldn't wait till the morning when Papi would start building my very own garden and I could start planting some of these seeds. 


When the morning came it was all that I could think and talk about even before Papi had gotten dressed I was just way too excited. He had already gotten the wood and a few brush bushes to go around the fence. All I had to do was choose a place for them to go.
We decided that the back of our land would be good it's far enough that it doesn't look out of place but also I wouldn't be disturbed when I am out here. 

When the last of the fence was put in I asked Papi to be the first to plant a seed. He chose a camomile seed. Which is his favourite tea. I knew then that no matter what this garden would connect me too him. 

358 photo Screenshot-358_zpsb64f22a4.jpg


The rest of the week was spent with Papi in the garden or going to the fishing spot with the whole family. Friday came too quickly. As we waved off Papi and Nannie in their Taxi. Lots of tears were shed that day from all of us. Once the taxi was out of sight I headed off to my garden to go talk to the camomile. (Don't look at me like that it helps the plant. It says so in my book.)  
I heard a rustling sound in the bushes. I went to go investigate it as I knew that if rabbits or gopher had gotten into my garden they would wreck it. I got down on the floor and under the bush I saw a small round mass with two tiny eyes that was shaking like a leaf. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness under the bus the mass became clearer. It was neither a gopher or a rabbit but a very tiny starving puppy. When it saw that I was no danger it came close enough for me to grab it to have a look. It was just the tiniest thing.

362 photo Screenshot-362_zps8aee2fa9.jpg


"Hey little fella where'd you come from eh?" I cooed at him. He sure was scared poor thing. I took him into the house and gave him small pieces of food which he wolfed down straight away.

"Hey mum I found this little guy out in the bushes. I think he's been dumped somewhere around here. Can we keep him....Please!". I knew that when mum would see him she would let him stay.

"I don't know. Dogs are hard work to look after and we are going to have to take him to the vets so he is going to be expensive. Plus Papi and Nannie have only just left what do you think they would say about this?" I couldn't believe this she was going to say no,

"Papi would keep him he would never chuck him back onto the street would he. I will look after him. I'd take him for walks every day and it wouldn't be that hard. Please" She just had to see reason. 

Mum just sighed and scooped up the dog. "Come on lets take him to the vets. Have you given any thoughts to the name?" She said with a smile.

I thought that I would burst I was so happy. I didn't even think about giving the little fella a name. Then the perfect name came to me.

"Welcome to the family Red."

366 photo Screenshot-366_zpsa2b17cd2.jpg


1 comment: