Tuesday 9 July 2013

Generation 1: Chapter 12

I was soon let out of hospital with the all clear. I wasn't allowed to exercise or strain myself. Luckily the summer holidays were coming up but by the time the school would re-open I would be on maternity leave anyway. Although that is far away I have a few things to sort out like telling dad.

He came home a two days after I left the hospital. I was sat on the couch reading a book. (It is all Mocha is letting me do.)


00 photo Screenshot_zps00e82c84.jpg

"Nilly are you ok. I wanted to come home as soon as I could but Mocha said you were fine that it wasn't serious. Is everything ok?" Oh god look at his face he is so not going to take this well.

I took a deep breath I just had to do it quick, rip it off like a band-aid. "DadIampregnantaliisthefatherpleasedon'tbemad." I closed my eyes I didn't want to see his disappointment.

"Nilly you have to slow down I didn't hear a word you said." Oh no now I have to say it again. 

I took another deep breath and this time I repeated it slower. "Dad I am pregnant. Ali is the father. Please don't be mad." I waited for him to yell instead he fainted. 

2 photo Screenshot-2_zps3f53eeb4.jpg

"MOCHA" I cried out. She came running. This was embarrassing.

"I see you told him already. He only just came in through the door Nilly. Oh well it is done now. I think maybe you should go to your room for a while then I can talk to him."

I did as she said there is no point in hanging around if I stayed he might re-faint. So I went to my room and sat at my desk. Just waiting for the sounds of Dad waking up. It wasn't long before I could here them talking. Then my door opened. Great. 

"I really want to shout at you right now young lady but it is no use, whats done is done. No matter what Nilly I will always be there for you. You know that right?"

I did not expect this. I thought he would scream and shout, or even kick me out. I am glad he didn't. Having to find a place to stay whilst pregnant would not exactly make things any easier.

 As the days turned into months I was looking forward to seeing my belly grow but for a reason the Doctors couldn't find did not grow. I did get a little chubbier but that was it. After another Doctors visit to talk about my non-existent belly I went home a little dejected. As soon as I had gotten through the door Mocha had come out of our home gym with a big smile on her face.

"Your father and I have a little surprise for you!" She led me into the gym where Dad was sat at my newly moved desk the whole room had been decorated. They had put red and white paper on the walls. The carpet was a beautiful shade of red. But what caught my eye was the beautiful crib nestled in the corner.

7 photo Screenshot-7_zpsb2d2f2d7.jpg

 "Dad, what is all this? You shouldn't have!" I was really surprised I can't believe that they had done all this after everything that has happened even if they didn't know the full story. It was truly something the whole room just amazing.

"Here I thought that the baby might like this." He gave me a present that was neatly wrapped. I opened it there and then. It was a beautiful white teddy bear. with white overalls and t-shirt. so cute. 

9 photo Screenshot-9_zps4da63c42.jpg

"I don't know what to say this has been the best surprise ever I love the bear thank you so much." 

"Your welcome Nilly. We thought that if we did the room in red that even though Alizarin is not here physically it will be a reminder of him as a part of yours and the baby's life" with that he gave me a hug and left the room with Mocha. I was looking at every little detail it was just so great I was lucky to have a dad and step-mum like mine.

I was eager to show off my room to Drizzle. He knew about my pregnancy and he was happy for me. He was as excited just as much as me. He is after all one of those homely guys that love family and children so of course it wasn't a much of a surprise.  
When ever he came over Ananas was in toe. She was always with Drizzle since they practically live together. She hasn't made many friends yet but Drizzle did say that at school she mainly focuses on her studies. It must be hard learning in another language so I wouldn't blame her for focusing all her energy into one thing. But it would be nice to see Drizzle alone for a bit. 

When they were finally able to come over to see the room, I was ready to burst but by the looks of me I could of entered a bikini pageant.

"Wow this room is amazing! Look at that cute little teddy in the crib aww. " Yup Drizzle was baby mad. 


 photo Screenshot-13_zpsa3e1af18.jpg

"Vanilla you 'ave a beautiful room. You must be so 'appy for zis baby. Drizzle 'as been talking all  about it. Do you know if it is a boy or a girl?" I got to admit that she was cute and seeing her with Drizzle it was a good match.

"I don't know, I want it a surprise. What I do know is that it's a tumbler. It must take after its Grandpa. Its giving me trouble right now." 

"What is tumbler?" I guess her flawless English wasn't so flawless after all. After Drizzle translated for her (Who knew acrobate was the same as acrobat.). We went into the front room which had also been decorated a bit. I felt an odd sensation in my stomach and a warmth trickle down my legs. 

5 photo Screenshot-5_zps76a75efd.jpg

"Euh Vanilla you 'ave euh water come from you. I think baby is coming no?" Ananas voice was panicked. Drizzle was straight on the phone to Dad and Mocha. As I slowly walked to get my hospital bag and off to hail a cab before getting to the hospital. 

After 7 hours of pain that I have never felt before. I welcomed little Amaranth Ciel to the world. 


 photo Screenshot-746_zpsacc4e87c.jpg

*******************************************************************************************************************************
Amaranth Hex #E52B50







No comments:

Post a Comment