Thursday 1 August 2013

Generation 1; Chapter 13

Looking after Amaranth was a hard job especially as I was doing it alone. Mocha and Dad helped now and then but I did feel a little guilty when they did. When Dad came in from work he always went to check up on Amaranth. 


To be honest I don't think I was missing school. Sure staying home was exhausting and sometimes Amaranths crying drove me to tears. But seeing him grow and smile and laugh made it all worth it.  

It was obvious that Ali was the father and every time that I looked at lil amaranth I could see Ali. I tried to sit down and write to him but when I try to write the first sentence I stop. Do I just ask him how he is,  tell him about drizzle then casually mention he has a son. Or do I go straight into the "Hey you have a son!". Figuring the best way to break it to him wasn't going to be thought of anytime soon. But then I thought maybe I can write about Amaranth and  then figure out how to tell Ali afterwards after all he is doing a seven year stint. So there was no hurry in telling him.

23 photo Screenshot-23_zps4af6486f.jpg

So that is what I did every day I wrote a little about Amaranth and how he was growing up. I took to taking pics too. Everything from his first outing to the beach, going to the park and the woods. Even his 2nd birthday party. Ok it was only Dad, Mocha, Drizzle and Ananas but still it was an amazing day. One that brought joy to my little baby.

24 photo Screenshot-24_zpsfcb3c2d7.jpg

After Amaranth turned 2 life had gotten a little bit more hectic. Teaching Amaranth to walk was one of the proudest moments I have ever felt. Yet sometimes I wish I never taught him to walk. Every day I found him outside no matter what he managed to open the door and walk out of the house. It was tiring having to run after him to bring him back inside. I know that he enjoys the outside he wasn't happy staying in. With winter round the corner and living near a road albeit a quiet road it just wasn't safe for him.


 photo Screenshot-31_zps8116f7f6.jpg

We decided that the best thing for him to get his outdoor 'fix' was by building him an enclosed  yard. It only took the weekend to build and by Monday he was able to play in the yard with his toys and he would be safe. That was the main thing. 



37 photo Screenshot-37_zpsac717021.jpg

Just in time too the snow had come early this year. It made outings a bit harder and with no car Amaranth and I were house bound. It was ok though as we spent the day learning, well Amaranth was learning I was trying my best in teaching him to talk and use the potty. 

58 photo Screenshot-58_zps2a3ec991.jpg

"Me pot-pot now"  As I praised him for using his words, my mind drifted to Ali and how he is missing out on Amaranth growing seeing all the first for himself. It was then that I decided that I was going to write to him I couldn't bear him not knowing any longer. I just hope it was the right choice. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of the photos Nilly sent to Ali.


46 photo Screenshot-46_zps3b811851.jpg
44 photo Screenshot-44_zps1a8c414c.jpg

64 photo Screenshot-64_zps65346188.jpg

59 photo Screenshot-59_zps15a51d46.jpg

36 photo Screenshot-36_zps1c275809.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maker, he looks a lot like Russ's kids! :O
    Can't Nilly visit him? He hasn't murdered anyone, so surely they've got visiting hours she could make use of? I hope knowing he has a son won't make his sentence harder to cope with.
    Amaranth's hair looks a bit lighter than hers or is that just me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does a bit. No you are right his hair is lighter and brighter than Nilly's.
      All in time. It might give him hope something on the outside he can look forward too.

      Delete