Monday 17 December 2012

Generation 1; Chapter 1

So here we were in this podunk town. Compared to our old house this one was a shed. We spent all the money moving from our old town to this new one. We only had enough money to buy this house. It was barely furnished. The living room was in the kitchen. There was only one bedroom, which daddy said I could use, and a bathroom. Daddy slept on the couch in the living room. 

Photobucket

He said that once he had found a job we could renovate the house, making it bigger and prettier. 

After everything that happened I had completely forgotten. A new town equalled a new school. I had to make new friends. I wouldn't ever see my old school friends ever again. 

Since we didn't have much money now we couldn't afford a car or the school bus service. So I was having to walk EVERYWHERE. On the plus side I did see some pretty sights whilst I was walking to school. 

Photobucket

It was scary going to class for the first time. Everyone already knew each other and I knew no-one. I was given a buddy to help me around the school. His name was Drizzle Giallo.  

Photobucket  

He seemed to be sat apart from the other children. Maybe that was why he was made my buddy. So that I could be his friend, too.

I went 'round his house after school so that he could help me with my homework, since at my old school we had never learned fractions just yet. Daddy wouldn't mind as long as I came home before curfew. 

Photobucket

Drizzle lived on an old farm. I guess most people in this town did. It was huge. I met his older sister Gorse, I didn't think she liked me much. I also met his Mum and little sister, BonBon. 

"So how are you finding Appaloosa Plains, Vanilla?"  Drizzles mum was very warm and comforting. She made me feel as if I was a part of her family already. 

Photobucket

"Um, it's ok I suppose, it's a bit quiet. I miss my friends." 

Before long it was time for me to go. I promised Drizzle's mum that I would come back again. At least now I had something good in this town.

Whilst I spent the day at school and over at Drizzle's house, Daddy was out finding a job. I came home to find him all painted up.

Photobucket

"What are you doing?"

"Well, the only job available in this whole town was a performer. This is my new work outfit. Do you like?"


I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He looked silly. As long as it put food in out bellies I didn't care that my dad strutted around town in a mime outfit. 
Even though he had to act all smiley in his new job, I could still see through the face paint how hurt he was.

Photobucket

 I was glad he was doing something rather than staying at home on his own.

After all the excitement of today I thought it was best to go to bed and see what tomorrow was going to bring. 

5 comments:

  1. Poor Vanilla, moving with no money like this must be terrifying for a girl her age. She seems very grown-up, though, and I'm glad she's already made friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a lil cutie I just love the yellow coloring of his family ^^

      Delete
    2. They'd mix well if they were to have children one day in the far future.. Why is his hair brown, though?

      Delete
    3. I randomized him and just loved the hair color with the yellow...he could of had blue hair and looked like milhouse haha

      Delete
    4. Oh god, I'm so glad it's brown! oO Vanilla deserves better, haha :D

      Delete