Monday 31 December 2012

Generation 1; Chapter 3

I had been right! Today was better because it was the weekend! Yay! 

I hadn't really seen much of my Dad recently since he had being going to gigs and performing in the park. That was how he met Mocha. She loved to watch all the performers that came to Appaloosa Plains. 

Photobucket

If he wasn't working or training, he was with her. I didn't mind, it meant that he had a smile on his face. She was really nice to him and to me, so it was fine. 

Now that it was the weekend I could spend more time with Dad. I was happy we could actually have a family day out. The first time we could since moving to this town. I was so excited. I didn't care that Mocha was coming with us. It kept my mind off school and Plum. 

Photobucket

We went on a nature walk around Cinnamon Crest Falls. If one thing that Appaloosa Plains did right it was the views. Mocha brought with her some poles so that we could go fishing. I had  never fished before, neither had my Dad.

Even though we were not that good we managed to catch a few fish. 

We all then sat down for a picnic that we had brought.

Dad and Mocha seemed to be a bit nervous. They kept giving each other this nervous glance when they thought I wasn't looking. 

Photobucket

"Ahem" Dad cleared his throat "Nilly, I have something that I would like to ask your opinion on." 

I looked up from eating. "Sure, what is it?"  His question kind of worried me.

"Um, I was thinking of having Mocha come live with us and we just wanted to know what you thought of it?" 

Have Mocha move in with us? Well, this was sudden. But it did mean we could start expanding the house and Dad would be happy, too. 

Photobucket

"I guess it will be good. When will she move in?"  

"Well, we need to upgrade the house first, add another bedroom - that might take a week or so. Then after that she will be living with us. Is that ok?" 

"Yeah, I suppose." I knew I should have felt happier. Dad had his smile back. It was just too sudden. 

Screenshot-274_zps5b78fbd9 EDIT

The week went by so fast. We had to spent it in a hotel while the house was being upgraded. I still went to school whilst Dad went to work. Finally, we could go home. All three of us. 

The upgrade wasn't much, only adding an extra bedroom so that Dad and Mocha had somewhere to sleep. We finally bought a bookshelf (I loved reading into the night) and we managed to get a cheap dining set so we didn't have to eat on the sofa. At last it was starting to look homely. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe Mocha has a little baby on the way? that'd explain the sudden move in! Remind me, how long have they been together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long at all. It was love at first sight ^^

      Delete