Monday 24 December 2012

Generation 1; Chapter 2

It was official, I HATED it here!

Photobucket


There was only six other children in my class. Not surprising since this was a small town. They all had the top of the range laptops while there was me, with a tatty notebook and pen. Not only was I the odd one out. There was a girl here that was absolutely mean to me and I didn't know why! Her name was Plum Jam. It seemed that she was the leader of the class.

It wasn't noticeable at first but I did wonder why everyone except Drizzle avoided me. Then the name calling started. It was the usual 'loser', 'freak', and 'no name Nilly'. But then they started taunting me about my mum... or lack of a mum.  She told them not to talk to me. 
Luckily, I had Drizzle. He told me that the only place that they wouldn't ever bother me in was the library. I loved it in there. 

Photobucket

The old books, the comfy chairs and best of all the company. It was bliss. We could read the books, just talk and be ourselves without Jam and her gang around.

We managed to stay in the library at break and at lunchtimes for a few days, until the teacher had noticed us missing from everyone else. Technically we weren't allowed in the library without a teacher present. 

So we had to go outside with everyone including Plum. Just great.

Photobucket


We stayed away from everyone. Sitting on the benches just talking and reading. 'Till Ocre called Drizzle over. That left me on my own.

Plum came over and started her usual tirade. "Why don't you go back to where you came from. No one wants you here, you freak" 

Photobucket

I ran away from her, which didn't do much as she followed right behind me yelling "no name Nilly can't even afford a laptop, how pathetic are you! Aww, do you want your mummy, haha!"  

That was it! I had had enough!

Photobucket

"Plum, why are you always picking on me? I have done nothing to you! I don't care that I don't have the latest brand things or that I don't live with my Mum and my Dad. Enough is enough, This has got to stop!"  I screamed at her.

Her face contorted into an angry scowl before she lept on me. Punching and kicking me, the dust of the playground surrounding us.  

Photobucket


Once she had finished beating me up I turned away from her. I didn't want her to see the tears in my eyes.

Photobucket


"You don't belong here" she said as she turned and went off with Forest and Polar laughing at me. 

Even though the teacher was outside with us she didn't notice a thing. Funny that adults don't really notice what was going on right under their noses. 

I wasn't able to see Drizzle 'till the end of the day. Plum saw to it that he didn't come near me. Whilst we sat on the school fountain in the hall, waiting for Drizzle's mum to pick us up, I told him everything. 

Photobucket

"Oh, Nilly, we must go and tell Miss Vermell, Plum can't do that!" 

"But she will make my life even worse. I can't even use the toilets here without her threatening me" I whimpered. I knew that I should have told someone, but it could have been worse if I did.

Photobucket


"We have to do something, Nilly." 

"Let's just drop it. We can ignore her, she will get bored soon." 

"If that is what you think is best." I could tell that Drizzle was annoyed that I wouldn't tell anyone.

"I am just glad that I have you around, Drizzle" I truly was glad. He was the only thing in this town that made me really happy. 

A car horn beeped outside. It was his mum. I gave Drizzle a quick hug before we left to go over to his house. Feeling slightly better that tomorrow was a new day. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Poor Vanilla :( Kids can be such jerks some times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they can be. I am at least glad she has Drizzle ^^

      Delete